Hearts Of Oak Lodge
Contact The Lodge
- Address: 15 Church Street Brighton VIC
- Contact: WBro. Alan Tyndall, PM
- Phone: 0417 521 507
- Email: email@example.com
- Lodge Number: 681
- Meeting – 2nd Thursday of the month at 7:30pm (January no meeting)
- Rehearsal – 1st Thursday
- Installation – June
About The Lodge
Early in 1949, on a very wild and windy night, several yachtsmen were attending a meeting at the Blantyre Lodge in Elsternwick.
After the meeting, they decided to check on the safety of their yachts in the harbour at Brighton. Huddled down in the lee of the pier shed, their task completed, one was heard to say “A Masonic Lodge for yachtsmen – what about it boys?”
In keeping with the Lodge's nautical theme, the South is decorated with flags, burgees and sailing paraphernalia from yacht clubs and organisations around the world. The observance of sailing traditions such as the annual chapel service at the Mission to Seamen, the Annual Yachtsman's Night and the conducting of the Little Ships Ceremony are part of what has made Hearts of Oak Lodge so successful.
Hearts of Oak is proud of the quality and Consistency of it's work, the friendliness of it's South and the opportunities it provides for members and non members alike to join in and enjoy the genuine friendship, hospitality and brotherhood of Freemasonry.
Regular meetings of particular interest to visit include:
– March – Annual Yachtsman's Night: invitation extended to Non Masonic Visitors
– May – Little Ships Ceremony: commemorating the evacuation of Allied troops from Dunkirk in May 1940
– December – Ladies in the South: invitation extended to wives and partners to join the lodge for dinner.