Brunswick United Lodge
Contact The Lodge
- Address: 6 Davies Street Brunswick North VIC
- Contact: WBro. Nic LeRay-Meyer PGStdB GStwd
- Phone: 0408 383 182
- Email: email@example.com
- Lodge Number: 924
- Meeting – 3rd Tuesday of the month at 7:30pm (Dec 2nd Tue, Jan no meeting)
- Rehearsal – 2nd Wednesday
- Installation – July
About The Lodge
Though Brunswick United Lodge is a comparatively new Lodge it preserves a large part of the Masonic History of Brunswick and its surrounding area. It meets in the Brunswick Masonic Centre, a finely styled building reflecting the architecture of typical Masonic buildings of the era in which it was erected – 1923.
The Lodge was formed on the 22nd July 2002 with the merging of the Duke of Brunswick United Lodge No. 132, the City of Brunswick United No. 244 and the Bi-Centennial Lodge No. 457. These three Lodges encompassed a membership of six earlier Lodges, the oldest of which, the Duke of Brunswick, was consecrated in 1888.
The present membership of Brunswick United Lodge reflects the diverse, multicultural nature of its local area. The Lodge meets every third Tuesday except January. Masonic visitors are welcome to attend all meetings while non-freemasons are able to attend the November Commemoration meeting during which the Lodge conducts an appropriate service for those who have served their nation in times of war; especially those who paid the ultimate sacrifice.
Apart from Masonic ceremonies, the Lodge conducts an active social program for its members and families and is often joined at these functions by members of other Lodges. The Lodge also has an active community support and charity program with some $15,000 typically donated annually. Recent recipients include:
• The Humour Foundation – “Clown Doctors at the Melbourne Royal Children's Hospital
• Heart Throb
• Berry Street Homes (disadvantaged children)
• “Cottages by the Sea” (disadvantaged children)
• Uniting Care Kindergarten's (provision of play areas and equipment)
• Royal Freemasons (Homes for the aged and immobile)