Australian Prostate Cancer Research was founded to build a stronger prostate cancer research community and to promote and facilitate collaborative research. Their initiatives are research-validated, blueprint models for best practices in prostate cancer care and management.
APCR – helping men within Victoria
- Australia has the highest incidence of prostate cancer in the world – prostate cancer is the most common cancer in Australian men
- About 20,000 men are diagnosed each year, the average age of diagnosis is 67 years
- 1 in 5 men will develop prostate cancer; 1 in 8 women will develop breast cancer
- Men are 30% more likely to die from cancer than women
- Men facing prostate cancer in rural and remote areas are around a third more likely to die than their metropolitan counterparts.
- Australian men are facing a healthcare crisis: 40% do not have a GP or attend annual checkup; men with prostate cancer are 6 times more likely to commit suicide.
APCR offers members of Freemasons Victoria priority screening and testing at their world leading North Melbourne clinic.
More information can be found at www.prostatecancerresearch.org.au.
APCR are offering FMV members the chance for a fast track service for health screening.
Please complete the form below which will enable an APCR staff member to contact you and discuss the process further and schedule an appointment.